Thursday, February 21, 2013

Boy or Girl?

Your guess is as good as ours at this point.  But we will be finding out next week.

Here is a fun little review of some old wives tales we can use to make some predictions.




High or Low

This old wife’s tale says if you are carrying high it’s a girl, I if you are carrying low it’s a boy. 

Judge by the way I carried Liam, I would say this one is a …
 

Lub Dub Lub Dub

This ledge says if the baby’s heart beat is over 140 it’s a girl, if it’s under 140 the baby is a boy.

Baby’s heart beat last week was 156.
 

Sweet and Sour

Cravings?  Um… this one is up for grabs.  I don’t really crave anything.  I have always loved both sweet and salty. 

 

Chinese Gender Chart

Oh this one perplexes me.  Which old wife came up with this?  If the father determines the sex of the baby, why are you asking me for my age and month of conception.  Either way, it was right for Liam, so this time we will be having a …


Even or Odd

Well if the Chinese are wrong, the Mayans must be right.  Taking the mother’s age and year of conception, if both are even or odd it’s a girl, if one is even and the other odd it’s a boy.  {30, 2012}

 

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Girls are said to steal their mother’s beauty, causing terrible breakouts.  Boy did some wife have this wrong!  My face was AWFUL with Liam… This time the OWT says I will be having a
Excuse me while I vomit

Boy was I lucky with Liam {pun intended!} I was never nauseous or sick once!  We all know how I have felt this time.  Surely I am having a
 
Our predictions...
 
Well I guess they are still up in the air.  I am very reluctant to share my thoughts.  Day 1 with Liam I knew I was having a boy.  But somewhere around week 15 or so I changed my mind.  I was having a girl.  And I kept that opinion until the ultrasound, where I was left in shock!
 
I keep telling my mom baby will be another boy. My logic?  Not one person has guessed (and we all know everyone have an opinion, whether you want to hear it or not) this baby will be another boy.  And with something that is really a 50/50 guess, not everyone can be right.
 
Liam says he will have a little sister 98% of the time.
Brian just refers to Liam, of course his opinion is the most important.
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. Sister or brother - either one is gonna be just as adorable as his/her big brother! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gamma says it will be a girl and her name will be Pistol. Either way we we love and spoil her/him. Can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Pistol. :) Lorrie, I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! We thought ours was a boy - my mother in law had even started calling the bump her grandson - and then it was a girl. I really craved sweet things when I've always been a savory person so I think that wives tale is right...now I'm hooked on sugar!!

    Found your sweet blog from the Mommy Moments link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!

    I would absolutely love for you to link up at the Friday Baby Shower a linky party for all things pregnancy and new baby,
    Alice @ Mums Make Lists

    http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-friday-baby-shower-3.html

    ReplyDelete