Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How Much?

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I have brought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me.
*Dr. Seuss

First forgive me because Brian will not be happy with this topic, but I feel some perspective is needed. When I was first told to put the donate button on this blog, I felt it was a bit tacky. I have spent quite some time in the past fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and for Girls on the Run. But asking for money for my needs, or more specifically the needs of my family- no.

Refering specifically for the donated money I raised for LLS (Team in Training), money not only goes to funding cancer research but to families to help with their bills too. Assuming everyone knows cancer is expensive; What does expensive mean?

We have known of Liam's diagnosis for 2 1/2 weeks now. His bills already outweigh my yearly salary. I said some perspective was needed on topic. Perspective cannot be given at this point; I cannot even begin to imagine what the bills will add up to in his next 6+ months of treatment.

If you lend someone money, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. Never easy...but there are lots of people out here to support you, Liam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of words come to mind when I think of you daughter brave and courageous are just a few, but tacky never enters my mind. Your only job right now is to take care of that precious little boy, and not worry about the bills. You have donated to the cause for others and others will now donate for our Liam, God will see that he is taken care of and our needs are met. We love you, Brian and Liam very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, I hope you don't think people are judging you for having a donation link. In fact, I'm so happy to see it on here. I think the link is completely justifiable and highly reasonable. I will continue to put your blog on my Facebook page in hope that people will hear your story & donate for Liam's cause. I'm praying for you every day. Love you! ~Amie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amie pretty much said it right...and I second everything she said. Amie, well said...Dawn, you are my hero!

    Love Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, I am Amie Collins sister-in-law. Please know that I pray for your family daily. I am a "fixer" I want to fix any problem I come across. I, obviously, can not fix what you are going trhough. Being able to pray and being able to donate makes me feel like I'm doing something to help. I am very glad you have a donate button on your page!
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete