Monday, May 28, 2012

MIA

Yes, we haven't been around much lately.

I personally have been feeling less that myself.  Living in a perpetually gray world.  Getting up in the mornings require considerable effort.  A lot of tears have been shread over nothing.

It makes it hard to deal with; knowing there is nothing wrong and yet I still can't get myself out of the "funk"

A lot of anxiety has been building.  I can not wait for this school year to finish.  There are only 9 more days of school with the students, but I feel like there are 50 more.
Work has been very negative for me this past month.  I had my final observation, which I personally couldn't think of one thing that went right during.  Yet the principal had nothing negative to say.  I still walked around for days feeling empty.

To help with everything I have been feeling I have been trying to cherish every minute at home with my family.  Going for family walks.  Playing with trains. 

I have been learning my new embroidery machine (let me know if you want me to try anything out for you!)

Brian and I are traveling to California on Thursday for a wedding (can't wait!)

I promise to be back this week with pictures!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn - so sorry you are going through this. Here's a theory that might help - a couple of years ago after a long, extremely stressful period in my life, I suddenly, for the first time ever experienced extreme anxiety and depression. I couldn't figure it out. Everything was going just great in my life, so why? The therapist I saw talked about a boomerang effect. During that crisis time in your life, you COULDN'T weaken. You can't be sick, you can't be depressed, you can't stop being a wall of strength - too much depends on it - your family, your child, your job, bills to pay, etc. Then when it's all over, your body rebels against all of that stress. It made sense to me and sounds maybe like you might be experiencing the same type of thing. Whatever, it is, it will pass. So continue to play with trains! It's the best medicine. Have a wonderful wonderful trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,
    I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have always looked up to you. You are such a strong, motivated person. I'm sorry that you are less than thrilled with your job and having a difficult time in general. Things are crazy here, as usual, so I can relate. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks and catch up over some wine. Also, you're getting that tattoo this summer. I love you and I hope things get better.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete