Saturday, May 11, 2013

2 YEARS CANCER FREE

Liam's doctor called this one of the biggest milestones to date in his recovery.  2 YEARS!!

I scheduled all the appointments I could into Thursday.

We started at the hospital at 7am for Liam's ultrasound.  He rocked it!  I am so proud of him, it usually involves me holding him down, but this time he climbed right up onto the table and layed down.
 
 
We went home for short time so I could drink my tasty glucose solution
 
Then we were off to my doctor's for bloodwork and an ultrasound
 
Next we went straight to the oncology clinic.  Liam got his blood taken like a champ.  Okay, there were a few tears, but what do you expect?
 
To celebrate we got to hang out with some Olympic swimmers.  Liam got a few autographed photographs and even held a gold medal.
 
 
 
After a quick lunch we were off to the cardiologist.  Liam has to have an echo done every year for the rest of his life, one side effect of chemo was thinning of the heart wall, so far there is no evidence of that!
 


It was a sucessful day of appointments... not sure I will ever schedule that many again in one day!






Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a joyous, wonderful day! Every celebration song I know is running through my head right now. Liam - you are a super hero!

    ReplyDelete