Friday, December 6, 2013

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

I know Thanksgiving was last week and November is over, but I miss it already.  Thanksgiving is so special to us at the Fudge house!  2004-Brian and I went on our first date the day after Thanksgiving.  2005-I spent Thanksgiving with him the next year and met his whole family.  2006-Then we moved to Carolina and my parents came to visit us for Thanksgiving.  2007-We closed on our house the day before Thanksgiving. 2008- Brian's Family started joining up for Thanksgiving also.  2009- We announced the name we chose for Baby Fudge (William Alexander Fudge)
 
Then we took a bit of a dip in 2010 with Liam's cancer diagnosis. I still wasn't over the stress of that in 2011 and had a hard time relaxing and enjoying Thanksgiving, so in 2012 we went on a cruise, for me it was a way to celebrate Liam and all he went through.
.
But we were missing my parents, they had to cancel last minute when they found out my dads cancer was back.
 
This year I was happy to return to our traditions of Thanksgiving and just celebrate being with the family we had there.  And of course part of the tradition of Thanksgiving includes food!
 


 
Woman (my mom) has been making a special pumpkin pie since the '90s, 1992 to be exact.  And what recipe could be better than one that came out of a random magazine


and this is still how we follow the recipe today.

Here's what you need


4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon of milk or half-and-half
1 tablespoon of sugar
11/2 cups thawed coolwhip, whipped topping
1 Graham cracker pie crust
1 cup milk or half-and-half
2 packages or 4-serving  Jell-O vanilla flavor
1 can pumpkin (not the pie mix I accidently pictured!)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves



Directions:
  • mix cream cheese, milk and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.  Gently stir in whipped topping.  Spread on bottom of the crust.
  • Pour 1 cup milk (or half-and-half) into the bowl, add pudding mix and blend well.  Mixture will be thick.
  • Stir in Pumpkin and spices, mix well.  Spread over cream cheese layer. 
  • Refrigerate at least 3 hours
What's your unique Thanksgiving recipe?
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment