Friday, July 15, 2011

Food Friday

Okay as promised I am going to being sharing recipes on Fridays. Don't forget to email me a family favorite or 2 that I am share here!

This week I want to share one of the recipes we have for Liam. We met with a nutrionist this week to help with feeding Liam. It was very informative! I will share more about what I learned soon. Right now the nutrionist is most concerned with Liam not eating any vegetables, so are we!

We were given a few different ideas to "sneak" vegetables into his diet. One is in muffins.

Here's the recipe yielding 5 muffins

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/16 teaspoon salt
1/16 cup butter, softened
1/8 cup brown sugar, or other sweetener
1/4 egg
5/8 cup of veggies pureed
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Okay so I KNOW the measurements seem odd. I was on food.com searched for kid friendly recipes. On this site you can change the serving size and it'll adjust the measurements for you. I am obviously not going to make 24 muffins for Liam, it would be a waste of food.
I think the adjustment feature on this website is FABULOUS! So many recipes are wrote to serve 6-8 people, and I'm the only one in this house willing to eat leftovers.

Remember email me at liamfudgeATyahooDOTcom to share your favorite recipes. Next week will be one for adults!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment