Saturday, July 23, 2011

Food Friday

...a day late. Sorry, more technical difficulties at the Fudge house.

This week I promised a recipe for the adults. It's no secret I love my wine. When Brian and I first decided to have a baby he asked me if I was sure I could give up wine. Of course I did and it wasn't hard at all, but I am happily enjoying it again!

A fun wine cocktail I enjoy in the summer is sangria. I picture glass pitchers, fresh fruit, cool breeze, obviously I am not picturing the hot sweaty south.

Fruity Sangria

2 fresh, peeled and sliced peaches
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 orange thinly sliced
1 lemon or lime sliced
1 liter carbonated water
2 cups white wine
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup of cranberry juice

Place fruits in a container and pour liquids over.

Now I usually don't go for white sangria, but YUM!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment