Monday, August 12, 2013

Adjusting to Sister

I know I have neglected this little corner of the Internet again. But everyday I have thought "what should I write about". I can't say anything too interesting has been going on, we are just making it though each day.

The answer I did always came back to was the same. Liam is what I want to write about. He has been weighing on my heart lately. I know he hasn't been getting the attention he deserves.

The adjustment of a needy baby in the house hasn't been easy on him. Although he has been acting out, and yes we are frustrated with him, I do think he doing better than some children would.

Too often am I telling him "as soon as I am done feeding Aubrey".    He has learned when I say I have to feed Aubrey that he will have to wait, so now I hear "can you feed me first?"  ABSOLUTLY!! 

Here is what I have been trying to do with Liam so he feels important too.

Play dates.  Unfortunately this doesn't always result in attention from me, but he has fun and gets energy out.


 

Snuggling on the couch in the morning
 
 
Evening walks, just the 2 of us


 
Hanging out outside, watching him drive his jeep or mow the lawn



You can tell he loves his sister.

But also is impatiently waiting for each time to have attention of his own
                                                      
 


 
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. What a little man he is becoming. He can come and stay with Grandma any day.

    ReplyDelete