Friday, August 9, 2013

Boobs!

Now that I have your attention...

It's World Breastfeeding Week!

When I was pregnant with Liam, it was never a question I was going to breastfeed.  The thought of noting being able to for any reason never occurred to me. Luckily it was easy for us (Liam and I).
It was my plan to nurse Liam for a year, but had to stop when he got sick.

Anytime a friend who was considering breastfeeding would ask me about it, my standard answer was "just get through the first 2 weeks". With Liam the pain went away after about 2 weeks. Some people recommend taking a class but that never made sense to me; why take the class before I have the baby to work with.


Here I am 4 weeks into breastfeeding with Aubrey, and it's still a struggle; mentally and physically. one thing I did do this time was visit the lactation consultant after leaving the hospital. We knew Aubrey wasn't gaining enough weight and wanted to make sure we were doing everything possible for her.
I will get through this.  I will feed Aubrey as long as I am physically able to.
not my picture, but yes, milk has already taken over our freezer
As it was with Liam, I am my own dairy farm again.  Already have over 100 oz of milk in our freezer- as a friend of mine put it; taking over ice cream space.  Since I am not going back to work, the milk storage hasn't been out of necessity, but a result of Aubrey's eating struggles.  She has been a very sleepy baby, and she frequently falls asleep while nursing.  After she is finished nursing I have been pumping and offering her a bottle.

Aubrey is more alert now, and I am not pumping as often (so hopefully my boobs won't be 3 times the size of her head for much longer) THANK GOODNESS!  It hasn't been easy trying to keep Aubrey fed and give Liam the attention he needs, but it'll be nice to have the backup milk when I want a glass (or bottle :)) of wine.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment