Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Birthday Season {take 2}

So we are in the middle of Birthday Season 2 this year.  Many of our friends' children have  birthdays in the summer months, and we  only added to this problem.

Can I just say I think next year I am going to be Grandma.  I am going to just hand out cards and money at parties.

I have the hardest time choosing gifts for other children.  I don't know what toys they already have.  My usual go to gift is a book, but at some point these children are not going to appreciate that gift as much as they should.

As a parent, I would welcome Liam just getting a card with a few bucks in it for his birthday.  This year we used birthday money for his soccer and swim lessons. 


He already has too many toys anyway!

So what is your go to gift to get through birthday season?
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. You've struck a chord with me, Dawn. I have a hard time choosing gifts for our grandchildren. They have waaaayy too many toys and things and they are old enough to hate my taste in clothes! I like your idea of a card with some mad money. Young families often struggle to provide those extras that they want their children to have. Glad to see you are all adjusting to your new normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone! I've been thinking this for a while now but didn't want to sound tacky.

      Delete