Monday, April 11, 2011

Fevers, Fevers go away

We have been battling fevers for a week now. Fevers had Liam in the hospital for 5 days last week. This morning he woke up BURNING. I took his temperature; 103.5. I was freaking out.


He already had a doctor's appointment so I dressed him in only a shortsleeved onesie and loaded him into the car to go. On the way to the doctor I called Brian to warn him he would probably need to cancel any afternoon appointments he had. I just knew Liam was going back to the hospital.


At the clinic blood was drawn for counts and a culture. He received some tylenol and antibiotics. The nurse warned me if he was neutrapenic (ANC count below 500) he would need to be admitted. Liam's ANC came back at 600. He was going to be able to go home tonight.


We have spent the whole day trying to keep Liam cool. He has taken several cool baths and had a cool washcloth on him all afternoon. Finally at 8:30pm his fever has broke. I'll get up to check him a few times tonight, but please keep Liam in your thoughts and prayers tonight.

Trying to keep the fevers down yesterday
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for your little boy! No more fevers! I hope the fevers go away quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with a fever, he is adorable. I miss him so much. Take care of my little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the new look, though. Thinking of you three and Jack!

    ReplyDelete