Friday, March 18, 2011

Adjusting steps

When it is obvious goals cannot be reached, do not adjust the goals, adjust the action steps
~Confucius

I'm taking a step back from writing about Liam today. Tune in tomorrow, we've got stories to tell...

Today is like my new years, I'm going at it with goals. My goal for a while has been to get in shape and get back to running. Whenever I start, I get derailed. I am writing about this today because sharing it with you equal accountability. Don't let me slack on this!

Why has running been so hard for me? I don't want to leave Liam. Yes, Brian is a very capable father. I just don't want to leave him. Also I am on a medical leave from work to take care of my son. I feel guilty if my time is not all about taking care of Liam, like I am cheating my medical leave, even if it's 7pm and I wouldn't be working anyway.

Brian and my mom, among others all tell me I need to get out. In order to take care of Liam, I have to be healthy; physically, mentally, emotionally. Running does that for me.

So today when Brian got back from work I went out to run. I went 2.5 miles. Now I won't share with you how embarrassingly slow those 2 miles were, but I plan to go again tomorrow. Small goal: run 3 times/ week. I hope my exercising improves as Liam's health improves.

Liam you are my inspiration.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that with every single one of your posts, I am inspired by your words, and I know other people are also.
    Keeping your mind strong and healthy through running is important, and is vital to your physical and emotional well-being. 2.5 miles may not seem like a lot, but I equate it to Liam's Cheerios - every tiny bit that is consumed only puts you closer to your end goal. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run with me, lady! Want me to text you some encouragement whenever I go!? And by the way...2.5 miles is still decent in my book. ;)

    ReplyDelete