Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A day of success

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way
~Dr. Seuss

Today was a great day. Liam was transitioned to oral pain medication. This is one step closer to him going him. I definately prefer him on this medication. When he would get the IV morphine he would just space out and stare. With the oral medication it takes away his pain without effecting his mood. We played a little today. And he ATE!

I call his eating a huge success. Liam going home is dependent on 2 things; pain control and eating. And we all know the food roller coaster we have been on the past few months. Yesterday was the first day we could give him food; he had 1 cheerio and 1 cracker. Today he had 15 cheerios, 12 wheat crackers and 10 goldfish crackers. The surgeon and nutrionist didn't think that was a lot, but I call it a HUGE success!

Also today the physical therapist came to evaluate Liam. Before I get bombarded with phone calls and messages, there is no concerns. I requested Liam begin receiving early intervention services. He has met all his developmental milestones, but with his fequent hospitalizations I want to make sure he stays on track. That is what this Mama calls knowing the system, bring proactive and advocating for your child's needs (which I guest blogged about here)

Oh how I have missed your smile


Bookmark and Share

1 comment: